East Brunswick Office*
197 Route 18 South
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
33 Wood Ave. South
Iselin, NJ 08830
777 Passaic Ave.
Clifton, NJ 07012
100 Overlook Center
Princeton, NJ 08608
354 Broad Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
Somerset County Date Rape Lawyers
Proving lack of consent may seem impossible in certain cases. However, there are a number of people sitting in prison because they lost a trial in Somerset County for charges of date rape. When it comes to charges of date rape, everything is on the line. The defendant is typically a young male and he may have a great future ahead of him. However, that future may be derailed forever with a conviction for date rape. Having a Somerset County date rape attorney that will put everything into the defense of these charges may be the difference between a bright future and a bleak future. To discuss any case or even just allegations, call today to speak with an attorney.
Our Somerset County Date Rape Defense Lawyers are easy to reach. Call now to speak with a tough, smart Somerset County criminal defense attorney and begin the fight against your charges.
White Paper On Getting Charged With A Crime In NJ
2C:14-2. Aggravated Sexual Assault.
a. An actor is guilty of aggravated sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual penetration with another person under any one of the following circumstances:
(1) The victim is less than 13 years old;
(2) The victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years old; and
(a) The actor is related to the victim by blood or affinity to the third degree, or
(b) The actor has supervisory or disciplinary power over the victim by virtue of the actor's legal, professional, or occupational status, or
(c) The actor is a resource family parent, a guardian, or stands in loco parentis within the household;
(3) The act is committed during the commission, or attempted commission, whether alone or with one or more other persons, of robbery, kidnapping, homicide, aggravated assault on another, burglary, arson or criminal escape;
(4) The actor is armed with a weapon or any object fashioned in such a manner as to lead the victim to reasonably believe it to be a weapon and threatens by word or gesture to use the weapon or object;
(5) The actor is aided or abetted by one or more other persons and the actor uses physical force or coercion;
(6) The actor uses physical force or coercion and severe personal injury is sustained by the victim;
(7) The victim is one whom the actor knew or should have known was physically helpless, mentally defective or mentally incapacitated.
Aggravated Sexual Assault is a crime of the first degree.
Call us anytime.
Free initial consultation. All major credit cards accepted.